Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Morning Rain

Trees did not get cut this morning. I'm a bit peeved. I haven't even heard from the guy supposed to cut them. It wasn't raining at 8:00 a.m. when he said they'd be here and the sun was shinning. Around 9:30 it suddenly clouded up and thundered loudly and the rain began to pour. It has stopped now but still no word from the tree man.

I'm not having pain this morning, well, not much. I had a bad spell last night. Mike messed up the new mower because he didn't do what I told him to do. He went home because I chewed him out. He lowered the blade after I told him not to and then lied to me about it. Then after I made him raise it, he again lowered it and hit a root that damaged the front guard and jammed the blade. I despise liars with a passion and both my sons know it. I went ballistic after he damaged the mower. Remember this is a brand new $300 mower and I can't just go out and buy another every time he does something stupid. He tears up every mower I have the same way. I can't count how many blades he had bent over the years. Simply because he want to cut the grass to the ground so he won't be asked to cut it for a month. Well, he won't be asked anymore. I'm tired. I only asked him so I could give him a little money. He has nothing and I was willing to pay him to do the job. MY WAY!

Anyway, I had to call David to come and help me try and fix it so I could finish the yard. I tried to take care of it myself but I couldn't get the mower up on blocks to look under it and all I could think of is I have no one to call. Jerry would have been able to help me get the thing up. I just sat down on the steps and cried. I've never in my life been this alone. I always had family and friends to call wherever I have been. I kept looking around the yard and I realized that I am not going to be able to keep this place up. I can't. It is just too much for me alone.

David came and I was just a sloppy mess. He took the guard off and the blade seems all right. I have to order a new guard for it. He also finished the yard. Didn't take but a few minutes as it was nearly done.

Mike called later but not to say, I'm sorry I lied.

This morning, I've swept my bedroom and both baths and the hallway. I still have no bags for my vacuum so can't do the carpets. I sweep them with the broom but they are getting bad. I can't stand stuff on them.

I"m going to look for some but I ordered two packs from the repair shop. They told me it would take two weeks to come in. So, with dishes washed and most laundry done all that is left is changing sheets and trying once again to organize some things in the house. I'd like to clean out the garage but that is a big job for me alone. Still, I don't think I have much choice.

Realistically, I know I'm probably going to be forced to get rid of this place at some point. There is no way I can continue this. None of the stuff Jerry helped with can now be done. Physically, I can't do most of the stuff I used to do for myself without help.

I'm going to try and get some laundry done. I've got to put away what I've already washed and dried. And today, I'm checking on the laptop I've assembled at Dell. I put it together and added it to my wish list. I usually wait a week or so because the last time, they discounted the one on my wish list by over $100. That was my desktop. So, I'm checking to see if that has happened today. It had gone down some a week ago but I wanted to make some changes.

I'm thankful I have a charge account with them. I don't want to take anymore out of savings. I was hoping to get my trees cut but now it looks like that won't be happening. Unless I can get a saw.

I'll pop back in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.