Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cheating and God: Study ties willingness to cheat, viewpoint on what God is like - latimes.com

The telling statement in this article is "The take-home message is not whether you believe in God, but what God you believe in."
Link

Personally, and I'm sure there will be oppositions to it, I believe in a God of love, peace, integrity, and judgment. He doesn't think I can attain perfection, he simply expects me to try my hardest to attain the highest mark I am capable of. We are capable of far more than we believe. Honest, sincere effort in any endeavor is what counts. Failure is understood but just as I expect my children to get back on the horse, so too does the God of my faith expect me to do so. But knowing to do good and not doing it is sin. Just because a person thinks God loves them is not a licenses to cheat, steal or kill.

My mama always said a person who would steal would also kill. A thief was no better than a murder in the end. For her wrong was wrong was wrong.

Ok, this was interesting but they are simply stating what Christians have said for at least 2000 years. It isn't news except to the ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.