Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where I've Been You Don't Want to Go

I sent an email to Kat tonight when she checked up on me. I am more or less quoting it here because, well, it is easier than retelling it.

I've had a pretty bad week. The weekend was terrible. I felt rotten. On Monday after lunch I felt o.k. but had a very bad dizzy spell in the car and my friend had to stop until it passed.

I got back to work and decided I was not feeling very good and went to the ER. I have fluid behind my eardrums. They gave me meclizine but I can't take that and work. I'm supposed to take 1 tablet, 4x a day! I'd be under the desk if I did that. Meclizine will put you down. So, I got some benadryl and am going to try taking that at night when I get home. That's all I can do at this point. My doctor is out of the office all week. Spring Break for him too I guess. They suggested I go to the ER.

I waited in the ER from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. to go back and didn't get out of there until 6 p.m. I got so ticked when they started calling people who came in after I did that I approached them about it. They said it depended on the severity. I asked, "So if I fall out of the chair I'll get seen?" and walked off. I was going to call David and tell him to come get me. By this time my back was killing me.

A woman with a child who had been there less time than I got taken back. The boy had been playing video games the whole time... he was the patient? I would not have been so tic'd if they had taken the woman who came in after me and had been vomiting for two solid hours. The woman with the child was back there less than 30 minutes and he came out walking and playing that video game!

Once they got me back they did a CAT scan and an EKG and both checked out ok. So that was good. Now I just have bouts of dizziness and feel like crap. I'm concerned and edgy about it. It feels "wrong". It is probably a good thing I don't have a car at this point. I couldn't drive with this.

Because of all this I am not able to take some of my medicines due to the excessive drowsiness. I've had vertigo before in the mid 90's when I got an inner ear infection. It was much worse than this but I didn't feel sick... just flat out exhausted. I'm exhausted and feel horrible.

I'm supposed to go check some cars on Saturday but I really don't want to get another car payment at this point. I'm having some physical problems I can't seem to get past and I'm concerned I won't be able to work. If that happened, a car payment would sink me for sure. I want to just find something I can get for a couple of thousand and be done. If I need to go somewhere long distance, I can rent a car for a week for one car payment. So it isn't a big deal to me. Repairing a used car can't be any more expensive than buying a new one. I can bank those payments and use it to do repair if needed.

Anyway, I've just been to tired to do more than make a few comments on the blogs. I feel generally lousy. I think part of this is allergy related and has set up a chain reaction. I'm sneezing, coughing, my head doesn't feel right, visual issues that may or may not be a ocular migraine. Who knows!


So, there you have it, the last five days in a nutshell! Sorry I have been out of pocket but I am just flat out tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.