Saturday, March 19, 2011

Public Safety Workers Blast Ohio City's Decision to Lower Police Recruit Standard - FoxNews.com

Link

This astounds me. I respect our law enforcement personnel. I appreciate the job the good ones do. They have a dangerous and thankless job.

I now hoave a question or two. Don't these other races mind being called stupid? I mean... to complain that a test is too hard because you are a minority just seems to me to be highly insulting. Orientals from various nations of the East have amazingly high scores in American schools and when they apply to American Universities. So I don't believe any race is dumber than another.

I have no idea what is on this test that would need to be dumbed down. I mean, it isn't a matter of cultural difference. For heaven's sake it is a POLICE examination. What would they be testing you on? Math, language skills, reading ability? What? And do I want a stupid police officer? Oh... wait... we have lots of them!

Sorry. Soap box here. If you believe you can't pass a test because you are not white... well, I won't disagree. Because that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It is also an insult to people like George Washington Carver and Booker T Washington, Lewis Latimer, Granville T Woods, Elijah McCoy, men who proved that that their race would not hold them back. The faced obstacles that the current generation has never and will never know. They didn't get "easier" tests. They obtained greatness through sheer determination and hard work.

O.k. I'm done. Save your mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.