Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Saturday Starts Early

Six-thirty! That is just sinful!

I woke up at 6:30 a.m. Pain in my hands and feet stabbed at me. I tried to go back to sleep but it wasn't happening. I got up and got some java in my veins and grabbed the laptop. I read a bit, had some breakfast. All before 8:30! For several hours now I've been writing, working on The Dream Stealer. I'm stumped in some areas. I don't really know what I'm doing. I have never written about psychic spies before so I suppose anything goes but you can't have limitless power and abilities or you just have another comic book
superhero. I'm not looking for that.

I also am writing from multiple viewpoints. I've never done that but it seems that there are some scenes that have to be written from specific people's view. I think it will be fine but who knows!!! I just get annoyed at the thought of putting a lot of work in something that is not going to work at all. Toss me the title of well known books with multiple view points please.

I read a lot of Carla Neggers and Iris Johansen and both write from multiple viewpoints but usually one a couple. Although, Johansen has three major characters she switches between. I have my villain, however, and I have to show some things through his eyes. So, a quandary.

I really don't want to do anything today but I promised to take Becca to have Sarah's portrait done but she called and said it would be Monday evening before they can do it. They are having car problems and I am probably going to have to help them get a car. He has to have a way to work. A car is cheaper than my having to pay their bills.

I got sleepy and lay down here on the sofa to take a nap and just as I got to sleep, of course, the phone rang. So now, with not enough nap, I'm awake again. As I started back on this, it rang again. My aunt called from Atlanta. My sister and niece are there today. I know they'll all  have a good time.

Currently the temperature is 81 degrees at 11:29. I may go out and finish the yard. Mike didn't finish it and it really needs cutting. If I don't get it done soon, it will be impossible. I have my sister's mower and so I could have it done in an hour or so.

Since I've been in this spot now for over four hours and have little to show for it, I'm leaving now. I don't really want to do anything but I have this ethic that says sitting doing nothing is wasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.