Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just Keeps Getting Better

I went on the free tour because by the time I got there all the major tours were sold out. Who knew. They sold out while I watched! But it was ok. Half an hour and some photos. I should have brought my camera because Becca's little digital just can't do what film can in low light conditions. But I got photos of the cave. Not much else.

I left there and on the way back stopped at this odd little shopping area. (I'll post photos later.) They had a fudge shop. Yes, I bought a pound. When I got back in my car, it wouldn't start.

The nice fudge man, whose wife worked in the wax museum that I didn't get to go in because my car broke down, jumped me off and pointed me to a station to have it checked. When I got there I gassed up and asked them to check it. I parked and turned it off. That was at 12:41. It never started again. I called all over to find a battery because this place didn't stock one for my car. Everything was closed or didn't have it. Not even Wal-mart. No one had a battery for a 2007 Ford Focus. I was at this station nearly 2 hours. i have a rode service that was supposed to help me. The people on their service list didn't answer the phone. The man at the station called around and finally found one. I paid the station people to tow me to where I could get one. They were cheaper than my deductible.

They towed my car to Glasgow, about 13 miles away to an Autozone that stocked it. By now I've nearly broken into tears half a dozen times and am nearly dead from the 100 degree heat I've been standing in for the better part of two hours. The wonderful guys at Autozone installed the battery and check the system to be sure it was charging. I paid for the battery around 4 p.m.

I stopped back at the Cracker Barrel to eat. I just got in. I'm nasty from dried sweat. My shirt was actual wet during all that mess. I'm going home tomorrow. It has now cost me well over $300 most of that is in auto repair. I've seen a long dark tunnel and a fudge shop and five giant chickens. I have a new battery. I seriously doubt I'll be taking another such trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.