Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Rolled In

Wow, I thought yesterday was Friday all day long! And this morning when I got up I sat for several minutes on the bed asking what day it was. No one answered and I had to get up and walk around a minute before I realized I had to be a work in an hour. I do this more often in recent years and it bothers me. I need to get a calendar and hang near by and mark the days off. I suppose it is a product of the disruption of my life. I don't know which end is up either.

I was invited out to dinner last night with Mike and his new girl friend. I know!  What new girlfriend?  You know he was going to get married a month ago. But God is very good and that came to an end. I'm sorry but I won't go into details, just know that I've had the most awful month with this flack. For those knowledgeable in Biblical things you can refer to Genesis 26:34 & 35. The last three weeks have been a nightmare and had Michael married that girl it would have been even more so. I tried telling him when he brought her to meet us that he was rushing things and that something wasn't right. It wasn't. She was CRAZY! I mean it. She was seriously disturbed. So last weekend he just ended it. And she has harassed him and Becca and Dave for a week with nasty text messages and messages left on their Facebook pages. I really hate Facebook. Too much information is out there and any freak can just waltz in and you can't hardly get rid of them. It took us two weeks of changing Mike's passwords on every account, blocking numerous people and even then she was texting people who were his friends and his messenger and phone books. She'd apparently gotten the numbers of his friends when he used her phone to call some of them and send text messages.

She had been taking 40 mg of Prozac and it wasn't working and they changed her to Zoloft. I learned later that she was drinking. HELLO! Not crazy, INSANE. You can't take antidepressants and drink. Alcohol is a depressant. No wonder she was off the charts.

Anyway, Mike is seeing a friend he met recently . . . at the library! Where he hang a lot! She is older than he by about 6 years. They invited me to dinner last night and SHE paid! If you knew my family you'd know why that is such a shock. Most of the women Mike has dated could barely support themselves. This last one said she needed a man to support her so she could quit work because she was too sick to work. When she said it I thought "who're you? I work every day sick! Ain't nobody going to be taking care of me!" I know why she was so sick now!

Anyway, Mike said that the new girl, Connie invited me along on their "date". I about passed out. She is pretty and she has a good job, she was smart and OMG, she was NORMAL! I have to tell you when Mike was telling me he was seeing someone else he said, "Mom, she isn't fat, she has all her teeth and she's stable." And he was right. (The teeth thing is because the last couple of women he's dated had very bad teeth. Rachael has "meth" teeth and if you haven't see that you haven't missed anything.) We went to a nice restaurant and had a nice dinner and she paid! Over my protest but she paid.

The girl is a district manager over 3 restaurants and apparently loves her job. Her parents are both deaf and so I think she sees some of their problems in Mike. I fear she is not really aware of just how many other problems Mike has but if they like one another and she treats him with respect, I'm ok with it. I just hope she's not in any rush to marry. 

As for me, well, I'm glad the week is over. I do not know if I'll go away this weekend. I haven't even decided on where. I'm so exhausted by all that has been going on I just want to sit in the quiet and not think about it. But a part of me wants to go somewhere and see fresh things. I could just get in the car and drive somewhere. LOL, that is how Jerry and I used to do it. We'd get up and say, "Let's go to...." and we'd go. Pack the kids up and a lunch and go. I suppose if the weather is nice I could do that tomorrow. Get up early and just go. I could go to the caves at Marengo... but they're about the same distance away as Mammoth. It's a thought.

My yard is a disaster. Mower still not fixed. Mike is getting my sister's mower and cutting it this evening so I'll have company while he does that. If it is nice we can sit on the patio. Tomorrow night Becca and Connie have decided to cook supper!

I'm so ready to go home now that I can't sit still. I have an hour and 15 minutes to go. IT is driving me nuts. I'm going end here. I'll let you know how the evening goes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.