Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Melt Down

It was a long tedious day. I'm exhausted. Currently, I'm sitting in my bed wearing my hideous pink and white tank top set which you will see in an upcoming video and satin p.j. shorts.

I had a mild headache for a bit this afternoon. I forgot to go to lunch. My lunch buddy is on vacation and I just kept working until I realized I had not eaten. I finally got away about 2:30 and picked Mike up to take him to sell plasma. We ate first and I went back to work. But I didn't feel well until I came in and got my shower around 6:00. I got off at five and picked him up. I stopped and bought some flowers for the cemetery, two adorable dresses for Sarah that were on sale at Family Dollar, and a wall clock for my living room. The old one died some time ago and I just keep forgetting to get one. It was only $5 and is rather pretty. I took Mike home and on the way back stopped to put the flowers on the grave.

I never stay long there. Can't. But as I rode through the grounds I am struck again at how very beautiful that cemetery is and I thought again about taking a walk there after work in the afternoons. It is hilly and from his grave to the back gate is just over half a mile by one route but probably half that by another. The routes go all over the place. I have to remember to get Becca's camera and do a video sometime of the routes through there. It is a city cemetery and well maintained. Right now they are working on the entrance closest for me and I'd have to go to the back entrance. But if I stopped before going home it would be light enough and not so out of the way.Of course, this is all supposing I do it. I do not like going there regardless of how beautiful it is.

Now, I'm considering what time to turn off the lights. My mower is still in the shop and I can't cut the grass, which is getting rather high and will soon get me a ticket from the city guys. I am hoping to have it this weekend but I guess self-propelled gears must be difficult to fix. Maybe I'll get a new mower.... ha! But it means my yard is not pretty or pleasant to sit in. And the mosquitoes are not fun at all.

I thought for awhile that I was not going to get home. I felt really bad and needed to lie down. I can't believe how very tied I am. No reason for it. All I did all weekend was sit on the sofa and read mindless stuff online.

I found a site call Futility Closet. Here is the link Link It is fun reading but I sat and read it all day Sunday. I couldn't move and didn't even realize how long I had been sitting reading until I looked around and the room was dark except for the computer screen. Very interesting site, anyway. But don't spend six hours reading it.

I'm going now. In the distance I hear someone calling my name. I believe it is the brownies on top of my refrigerator. They have soft, wee, little voices and sound like gooey chocolate. I believe the baritone I hear is the milk... or maybe the coffee... no, milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.