Saturday, July 24, 2010

Breakfast at Dixie's

There is a Grand's biscuit in the toaster and a piece of Jimmy Dean Sausage waiting to meet it and some Cherry preserves that will cover the meeting. I've got hazelnut coffee at my side.

It is a sunny Saturday and I want to badly to go out and just site under the red umbrella but it is already over 85  and the grass is high which means mosquitoes will be around in the little shade I have. I have to get the mower to the store today if I have to push it. It's a long, long way. I am praying for someone who wants yard work to pass by and stop.

I haven't written much this week because I've simply pushed the grindstone hard so I'd not be so buried the rest of the month. Yesterday set me back. I had to work on utility allowance charts rather than my real job. My boss sent me an email and ask me to review them in the system to see if they were correct after corporate has entered them. He said, "If you say they are correct I'll accept it as gospel." Truth is, he had no clue where to look.

The biscuit and sausage and cherry is now history. I'm now working on the coffee.

My house is quiet. And I hope today it will stay that way. My aunt and I were talking about a mini vacation in a month or so to the Chattanooga area or Lookout Mountain. I have to get away. I was planning it on my own, as I think I mentioned, but just couldn't get an idea as to what I wanted. She called and said my uncle wanted them to meet me somewhere and was I interested. I told her what I'd been doing and even sent her the link to two places I had thought about going. I suspect a hotel would be cheaper but I found two charming bed and breakfasts that I though would be so relaxing. Something different with a friendlier atmosphere. Anyway, she's going to check on things and get back to me.

She wanted me to come down on the weekend of Aug 6th because Stuck in the Middle and my niece, Kayla, will be there but I just didn't want to go. That is Jerry's birthday and I've had a difficult time with such days. And honestly, what I need it to go somewhere to get away from everything. I don't need to feel obligated to be company. Does that sound odd or unfriendly? I do have a wonderful time when I get to see my sister and niece. They are loads of fun and we all get along well. But I'm running on empty at the moment. I'm all out of whatever it takes for us to deal with people. When I go with my aunt and uncle, they sort of leave me to do my own thing.

Yesterday, I got a call about Mike from Becca. He had gone back to the "girlfriend's" house last week against my better judgment. Did I mention about having to go and get him last Sunday? If I didn't I won't. Just know it was a bad weekend. They were on the verge of a breakup. Think two unstable people trying to cope with emotional insecurity and mood swings. Yes. That bad. I told him not to go back, to just let things go for a bit. They don't KNOW one another. Well, he had her come get him anyway. I wasn't liking what I was hearing sand seeing from her at all and my gut said don't go. He's crazy and won't listen.

Mike is a pain in the neck and does dumb things but he isn't a bad person and has never done anything more than run his mouth about things. He's never been in trouble, never done drugs, never drank, doesn't smoke. So, the call came yesterday while I was at lunch with Carolyn, my friend from work, and again, I won't go into it but I was terrified. I couldn't go get him because I'd told him I wouldn't if he had a problem again.  But this was a serious situation that could come down on all of us. I must have looked like death because Carolyn got worried about me. She's a good friend and she doesn't usually react too much. She knows Mike very well. He adores her because she listens to him when he's upset. But she was clearly concerned. I was a wreck. She came down to check on me several times the rest of the afternoon. Mike finally got home later that day but I told him under no circumstances could any of them ever come back to David's and my homes. If he chose to continue the relationship he was own his own.

I need to get away from all my responsibilities as a family member. It is horrible to say. I adore my children beyond reason. I have nothing left in my life of any merit but my family. If something happens to one of them, I doubt seriously I'll survive that. I'm done.  Being invited to my aunts in two weeks normally would be fun but I really just don't want to cope with all the personal turmoil involved in family groups and trying to be a normal human being and react normally. I want peace. I just want to sit somewhere and not be required to do more than look at the landscape and not think. I don't want to talk on the phone or listen to anyone tell about their happiness or how wonderful life is for them. Life isn't wonderful. I don't want to listen to anyone's troubles because I can't afford to feel sympathy or empathy. All of those things act like salt in an open wound. I know that sounds nuts and even awful. But this is the first time I've ever been this close to a nervous breakdown and for me to admit that should tell you how very bad it is.

Now that I've spilled my guts and got that out, I have to go. I've spend nearly an hour here writing this. Well, between cooking, eating, and editing. I'm making lots of mistakes but the little feature that allow you to click and correct is very wonderful.

I'm going now. I hope everyone has a really good weekend. I'm lying low. It is too hot to go anywhere and I don't know where I'd go anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.