Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Clouds

They're gray, have been for days now. Sunshine off and on and terrible heat until today. I'm back on St. John's Wort. Yep. All this turmoil with Mike and lack of sleep have sent me spiraling. I can't take off work or I would be out of here. I was ready to quit my job on Monday and see if I could find a shack somewhere in the woods. If I don't get the stress under control it may be a 3x6x6 hole. I really don't think I can take much more of it. I don't actually know how to stop it.

I went home from work and went to bed but couldn't sleep for hours. I dozed here and there and didn't shut off the t.v. until midnight. It was still around 1 a.m. before I slept.
I am so tired of everything. Everyone keeps saying I have to stop worrying, stop letting this stuff get to me. I guess if I didn't care about them and  wasn't so very disappointed in how my children have turned out it might be easy to do that. They have made horrible choices in every area of their lives. And they are struggling in ways they should never have had to struggle, ways Jerry and I did not want and that we worked so hard to insure they wouldn't have to struggle. It is sickening to watch. David is trying so hard to get on his feet but keeps having these terrible set backs.

Oh, I'm just not going there. It doesn't matter anymore. I can remember when Jerry and I got married how he worked so hard and took care of me. I think maybe two or three times did anyone ever really have to help us and that was usually if a job change happened. But he did it all without asking help as far as I knew. If he did, I have no idea who he asked. He folks would have made sure I knew about it if he had asked them and I had no one on my side he could ask and I don't think he would have. We never had housing assistance, food assistance, or medical care until he was in the service... five years after we married. After that, life was a bit easier. Took several more years to get financially stable but we did it. And when I got the children in school, I went to school and then to work. Thank goodness I did. I'd be in such trouble now.

I really just want to run away. I've been looking at places to go for a weekend but everything is designed for couples and I just can't handle that. "Romantic" getaways! It is very painful to look at some of these and even consider it. Virtually nothing says "Personal space port in a storm" "escape from reality adventure" "Your "Hole in the Wall" hideaway." It is all "sensual" "exotic" "etc.

And there is the loneliness factor. Can you imagine sitting in a beautiful room at some lovely place with no one to share it with? No one to point things out to. No one to laugh at the funny things with. No one to take a walk with or visit a museum with or have dinner with. Imagine sitting in a really nice restaurant in a place you've never been... alone. I can't do it. I don't think I'll ever be able to do it. There is very little that is even enticing.
I have no joy in even the smallest things.

If I live long enough and Sarah gets a bit older I could see taking her places and showing her things she might never get to see otherwise but that is such a long way off. I do not know if that will ever be possible. I can't plan it, can't think of a future at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.