Monday, June 16, 2008

Worry, Worry, Worry

I wish I had a tonic or a charm that would just make all worry disappear. Really. I worry so much over every little thing and I know when I am doing it that it is not helping or fixing the problem. I just don't know how to stop it.

Despite the fact that I have used LESS energy this month, my bill is ridiculous. Gas for the car is costing me about $75 a week. I do not know how, once winter gets here, I am going to be able to keep cost down if the utility is getting a 50% rate hike. This is insane. It's natural gas, for heaven's sake. We don't import it! We have virutally an unlimited supply in this country because we take it right out of the ground! And the gas company vehicles are fueled by NATURAL GAS! They don't have to pay to ship it!

At this point, I'm about to get rid of the dryer. I can't afford it any longer. I'll just have to hang laundry out at night and take it in when I get home the next day. I turned off the air conditioner for most of the last month. So how is my bill higher? How could I possibly have used MORE electricity? I've changed all my light bulbs to florescent bulbs. I have virtually no incandesent lighting.

And if I'm going under, what's going to happen to my kids? I live in a small house and we can't all fit here but I can see it coming if something doesn't happen soon.

O.k., I know everyone has problems. I am sure everyone else is suffering, too. No wonder the Bible said that in the last days that men's hearts would stop because of fear. I can't imagine what the elderly, handicapped and low income families are going to do.

Maybe that isn't my problem. But I can't imagine my Sarah without heat in the winter or being too hot in the summer, or without lights or water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.