Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend End

Here is is a rainy, cloudy Sunday afternoon. I have spent the morning in church. Jerry and I went to lunch and since I've been home, I've been on the phone with my Aunt. My mother is in the hospital again. Has been since Friday I believe. Seems her body became toxic and from her heart medicine. Never heard of this but they put her in with a heart rate of 20. It was 50 yesterday, after they took her off all meds to detox her. She is a diabetic as well and they started her on insulin to manage it until she could start taking her other medicine again.

I thought I'd drop by and read up on a few blogs.

Yesteray afternoon, Becca and I took Sarah to the park. She climbed the play ground quipment to slide down the spiral slide. That thing is about 10 feet tall! She peeped through the bars at the top of the platform and grinned at me and said, "Here I comes!" And she did, giggling all the way. Then climbed right back up.

She had never been in a sand box and the equipment is in this huge sandbox. She got interested in the texure and eventually, she got it in her hair and on her clothes. She likes to go barefoot so she tried digging her feet into it and found it fascinating that they disappear in the sand. When we got her home and in a bath, she had sand in her diaper.

We put her on the swing and she liked that, too. She also found it very funny that Maw Maw and Mama could both swing. To tell you the truth, I found it unpleasant! I always loved swinging as a child and a young mother. I could swing so high and I loved it. Not anymore. I got so dizzy and couldn't look at the ground at all. What a sissy! I don't love it less but it apparently doesn't like me. Still, only a few minutes was enough to impress Sarah.

The swings were stationed in a big box too but oddly, this one filled with tiny rounded pebbles! They were miserable to walk on with shoes and without, at least for me and Becca. Sarah acted like they were nothing. I told Becca it was probably because Sarah is light as a feather and probably floats on top of the things.She only weighs 20 lbs.

She had a great time at the park. After we went home and got her cleaned up, we all went to supper where she had center stage at Bob Evans. They brough our drinks and I order iced tea with lemon. (I forgot about the lemon video warning I have posted in the videos!) Becca took a slice of lemon and let Sarah taste it. She had the funniest look on her face. At first it was that look that says SOUR, but then, she had this funny puzzled look that said, "What in the world is that?" She began pointing and saying , "Pickle, pickle!" She loves pickles and they finally brought her some. But I am telling you, she would have eaten the lemon. Honestly, I love lemons, too. I sprinkle sugar on them and suck the juice out.

So that was my weekend. I'm very tired this afternoon and I really need to take a nap before church. I have a pot roast in the slow cooker that I put on last night. Becca said she will come over after church and fix some vegetables and we can eat a late supper. I had planned to eat it for lunch today but no one went to church but Jerry and I and we had half off coupons on our each of our meals so, I decided I could skip kitchen duty this afternoon. It was nice because some other folks from church asked us to join them and we had a good time.

So, here I am, looking outside at the gloomy day but the breeze blowing in the windows is absolutely wonderful. Thank God, I have not had to use the air conditioner for over a week now. I've been praying for the weather to stay mild so I could save on my energy cost and well, think what you want. I've managed nearly half the month with no air at all. Right now it is 76 F. on an overcast day with a breeze. I have two fans going and all windows up. It was storming when we came home after our lunch but that has stopped.

I am going to close for now. I want to lie down and relax before I have to go again. All of you take care and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.