Saturday, June 28, 2008

Winding Down

Ah well, the weekend is winding down and so am I. I am rather tired tonight. Haven't really felt well today. I had lots of plans but got up feeling unrested and uncomfortable, not exactly terrible pain but just difficult to move well. My right calf has really been bawling all day and simply didn't want to walk at all. Very stubborn and would be better named a mule.

Sorry about my little attempt at humor. I didn't even get up until nearly 9 and sat on the couch reading for about two hours. I spent the next couple of hours working out Jerry's nightmare of a bank account. He had three statement that had to be balanced and I simply let the software do it. No wonder he was overdrawn! I can't handle his account and mine! He never puts things in the register and then when he runs short he doesn't know why. We've had more arguments about this and I've told him I am not going to do his statements anymore. So, he just left them and got overdrawn last month and it cost ME $200! It is our joint account but about three or four years ago I opened a personal account when we kept having over drafts. He kept saying it wasn't his fault but I have no problems since I did that but he keeps having them. I never touch the joint account so we both know now that it isn't me. But since I am on the joint account, I could be placed in Check Systems if he doesn't get the overdraft corrected. I think my next step is to withdraw from the joint account and let him figure it out. Honestly, I think he is just so tired he can't keep up with it. He is not using the machine to keep him from snoring anymore and he is constantly sleepy.

This bank business has been a problem for 33 years. He simply can't handle the bank accounts. A long time ago, after much trouble, he handed the finances over to me and we did well. In 1988 we were debt free and had perfect credit. In the last five or six years, he has suddenly started messing with the accounts and we keep having these problems. I'm too tired to deal with it anymore. So, I suspect we are in for a rousing storm at some point.

We still have perfect credit and are nearly free of all the credit debts. Living expenses are sky rocketing. We just have the house, car, and computer and my student loans. The computer will be done in six months unless that accursed car breaks down again. The student loans and car paid off in about two years. The house. . . well 14 years unless I come into a windfall that allows me to pay it off sooner. Not gonna happen.

We have been so financially strapped and he has had such catastrophic illnesses that the house has gone downhill quite a bit. I am probably going to try and put in a floor in the kitchen in the fall if I can save for it. I have cabinets in the garage to refinish and put up if they haven't rotted! But it takes more energy than I have at the moment to consider it. I will have to take at least a week off if I have it. Dave said he'd give me a hand ripping out the floor once we get to it. It will be a nightmare job because there are three floors down there. The there are countertops to figure out. That is something I haven't done. Wonder how that will work?

Tonight, I have taken my muscle relaxant. I didn't last night and we see where that got me. I had hoped to be able to work on my story, Mist, but I've just been so tired. I have been round catching up on reading new post by several people. Jilly is posting photos of her new grandbaby and he is so sweet. I had little boys and they are just so cute in their little pants and shirts. I don't know what her security level is but pop around and take a look at her little man. Babies are just so wonderful.

I've had a fun time with Sarah today, too. That little minx is talking up a storm! She is talking in sentences and it seems she doesn't stop. Mike was with her online tonight at her favorite website, www.Starfall.com and he had gone into where you can teach them to read. He was playing the story for her and in the story the dog was telling the cat to go away because he did not what her there. The cat asked, "Why not?" Sarah answer, "Because." Mike nearly flipped out. He called everyone down the hall and reran that section of the story and she did it again. It was so funny because he was just flabbergasted. But she does that all the time.

In the car today she pointed to the driver's seat. Her Daddy was driving and she said, "That's daddy's seat." Then to the passenger seat and said, "That's mommie's seat." Then she pointed to me and said, "That's Mawmaw's seat." We all just cracked up. Last week I told her hair was a mess and she repeated it. Now, when her hair is all in her face after a nap or when she gets up in the morning, she pushes it back with both hands and says, "Hair's a mess!" We never know what is going to come out of her mouth.

Well, I've done the grandma thing until I am sure you are all sick of it so I'll go. I have another book to read and I may just lie in bed for a bit and start it. Everyone have a lovely Sunday or if it is already Monday, have a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.