Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another Blown Saturday

I woke with a terrible headache this mornning. I took an Imitrex and waited for it to work. I ran over to Dave & Becca's and we went to get something to eat around two. We thought about a picnic in the park but it was so hot! It got up to the 90's today and this just the first week of June! I shudder to think of July and August. Afterward, I kept Sarah for several hours. I was so sick though, that I couldn't really enjoy her much. She played until she got tired and went off to sleep. I hope she sleeps tonight.

To top that off, we heard yesterday, that the power company is going give rate hike of 50% to consumers! The reason? A pay raise for their employees of $1 an hour. How nice for them! Power bills are running $300 and $400 for some families in 2 & 3 bedroom units! That means they will pay $450 & $600 after the hike! My God, these people are criminal! That is higher than the rent on some of their apartments.

We have people who can't pay the power bills and get their power shut off. For people on the housing assistance program, if that happens, the regulations say we must take their housing assistance away! I don't have a choice in the matter. But I can't imagine taking housing away from families and the elderly and disabled. They are on such small income, smaller than their power bills. I am so upset over the thought of it. Never mind how I will pay mine! I worry about David and Becca and Sarah. They have so little as it is and it is frightening. I can't continue to support everyone with the expenses getting so bad. And fuel for the car is just as bad. It is almost to expensive to go to work.

And still the oil companies reported profits in the billions, three digit in the billions! Greed. Raping of the poor.

Has no one at the top thought of what is going to happen when you wipe out the middle class? Who pays most of the taxes that support the government? Who provides stability to the economy? The instability we have is because those who used to spend, no longer have it to spend because we are giving it to the oil executives. Anyone reading history knows that these are conditions that have led to revolutions throughout time. You can't continue to make the rich richer and increase the number of poor.

Of course, Mr Obama is going to save us all and make us rich. Right.He's making the same promises that every democrate in history has made. Just wait for the tax hike to hit.

Ok, that's enough. I can't fix any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.