Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Week Begins

Spent the morning at church and then the afternoon with Sarah and Becca. Lovely weather meant we had to go "side". Sarah loves to walk! I hate walking! LOL! But we walked around and she ran. She then threw a hissy fit when we came back in.

Then she was down for a nap. We all overslept and had to rush to get to church. We were 30 minutes late but we only missed some singing and Bro. Nally's ordination. We got to hear some more singing and some wonderful preaching from Bro. Troy Johnson from Princeton. He is a Haven boy and came home for a visit to preach. It was truly a good message and one I needed to hear.

God has been sending me these little notices for about a week or so now and I've needed them. I've been asking for some direction and some answers. I've had an email and a blog say virtually the same things that this message said tonight. God has brought me to this place. It is only for a "hour". Bro Johnson used the text where Jesus told the mob who were arresting him that "this is your hour". Meaning that they were being allowed to do this but their power over him was not going to be long. He also talked about Jesus telling Judus to "do quickly" what he had to do. He said that this was again, Jesus warning those "powers" that their time was limited. I feel as if God has given me a few explanations and that is always a comfort.

As a side note, Bro Johnson was diagnosed with cancer last summer. Imagine how powerful this message was coming from someone battling such a great trial. I was astounded because I think I would be a basket case in his shoes.

So, thus ends my Sunday. am getting ready for bed. I hope all of you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.