Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What A Mess

I hate politics and I despise politicians. I don't like even one of our candidates, even a little bit. As far as I can tell, they are all pretty much alike. They lie. They double-talk. They say one thing in New York and another in New Jersey and another in New Mexico.

What would happen if we had a political candidate who told the truth... all the time? He wouldn't get elected. Americans focus on their wants. I want to pay less taxes so I'll vote for this one. I want my closet full of guns, so I'll vote for this one. I want to marry my same sex partner so I'll vote for this one. I want to have an abortion when I'm 5 months pregnant so I'll vote for this one. I want free this and free that, I'll vote for that one. We vote for the person who we think will give us what we want, regardless of their ethics, morality, world view, or predjudices. We so misuse the greatest weapon on the planet. Probably because we are just as corrupt.

I hear people who do the same job as I do say they would lie and steal if they were the person across the desk! How can I believe you are trustworthy and ethical if you tell me that? NO WONDER WE GET IDIOTS FOR ELECTED OFFICIALS. LOOK WHOSE VOTING!

I don't even want to vote for the current crop! But as a citizen I will vote. It boils down to picking the lesser of three evils. If Obama is the candidate, I'll probably vote for McCain. If Hillary is, I might consider her and I don't even like the woman a little bit.

I was actually leaning toward Obama a bit but after the exposure of his religious affiliation, I can emphatically say "Not a chance." Any person who can sit under a racist pastor and not bat an eye or speak out against it WHEN IT IS HAPPENING rather than when he wants my vote would not be someone I can trust. His values are skewed. If a white political candidate were associated with such a person, they would be vilified and hounded to the ends of the earth. Their political career would be over. He may try and renounce it now but what was he doing on Sunday mornings when it was happening?

I am not naive enough to think my single vote will matter but I won't ever be accused of supporting that kind of person. Ethics are already lacking in much of America. If we truly believe we are all equal, there can be no association with people or organizations who spout racist propaganda. If you want me to treat you equally, you better maintain the standards of someone who actually supports and believes in equality. Attending racist sermons of bigots won't do it. Paying tithes to support the ministry of such a person tells me you are a dues paying member of the club. And I don't give a flying flip what color you are!

Caeser's wife had to be above reproach because her associations and actions reflected on Caeser. The associations of these candidates is NOT above reproach. The rest of the world may have forgotten White Water but I remember. The bottom line was -- they lied.

Am I a demoncrat or a reprobate? Neither, I am a Bible believing Christian who is disgusted by people who don't put the right principles first. I can't fix it but I don't have to like it.

I'll be praying about my vote. Praying for the courage to actually cast it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.