Friday, April 4, 2008

Who Said That?

Friday has rolled around at last and I couldn't be happier. I got off 30 minutes early today and have only just managed to sit down to try an jot a few things on the blog. I've been rather silent lately. Too much going on, too little sleep, too much to much.

I've been popping in to those where I see some one has posted something but it would seem that everyone is rather silent at the moment. I wonder if weather elsewhere is better than here and you are all out frolicking in the sunshine. We don't have sunshine in S. Indiana at the moment.

In fact, we have far more water than we need. Flooding was a concern last night for some. I am, thankfully, on high ground but if those on the other side get flooded I'm trapped on a dead end street.

I've run out of ideas lately too. Usually, I have no problem finding some soapbox to jump on but lately, there is so much wrong that I find myself not wanting to talk about any of it. It is sort of like sensory overload.

I've been praying for God to make me nicer. I've become quite jaded in my world view and I never wanted to be that kind of person. I find myself annoyed at people's stupidity and I spend a lot of time talking to God when I am alone. The conversation goes something like this.

"I can't believe they did that. It is just too stupid!" I said.

God remains silent.

"How is it possible?"

Still no answer.

"Look I just want to know, was I ever that stupid? I mean, I never did anything like that. By the time I was their age, I was running my own household. Very well, too."

There is a rustling of white robes and a clearing of the throat.

"Well, yes, I remember that but it can't compare to this! Even I wouldn't be this stupid."

More silence.

Finally, I throw up my hands. "I'm just amazed at the amount of stupidity there is on the planet! I mean, if it could be packaged, we'd be able to make anything grow in the desert! We'd have bumper crops everywhere on the planet!"

"Yes, well, you're pretty good at shoveling the stuff."

I look around. Who said that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.