Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Work I Go!

The weather turned cold overnight last night and I had to close the windows. Tonight, I've had to close the windows and turn on the heat. The wind is out of the north and quite chilly. It is 53 degrees. I just got home from church, got my bath and while my hair is drying, I am writing this post.

The weekend has come to a close and I am exhausted and having problems with pain. I did too much, I fear. I worked yesterday in my yard, raking the grass and bagging it, and cutting the overgrown hedges down and dragging it to the street to be hauled away.

I still have three hedges left and a truck load of cuttings but I did as much as I could. Some of the limbs had grown to a three inches in diameter because I was not able to cut them last year. My oldest son came out to help when my daughter-in-law shamed him into it. Little Sarah helped with bagging the grass and her mommie helped and hauled them to the street too. My yard looks so much better so I can deal with the side effects. My younger son says he will come and haul out the rest tomorrow after work. He worked Saturday so could not be here to help.

I do love working in my yard. I don't have flower beds and such but it is a large yard. Sarah, as small as she is, can play in that great big yard for hours and probably not walk the same area twice. We bought this house because of the big yard, in 1990, when the youngest was 7. We bought a trampoline, a basketball goal, a children's pool, and some sand. They played out there all the time. A few times we considered selling out and leaving but I truly love my home, delipated though it has become, and my yard is so private that I doubt I'd be happier somewhere else.

I do hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I am not feeling great but I it was a lovely weekend and worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.