Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Getting To Know You... uh Me!

Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your Friends. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!

1. What time did you get up this morning?
Get up every mornin' at 6:45 a.m. except Sat. & Sun. I don't usually go to bed until after midnight.

2. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds. I've learned as I get older they really are a girl's best friend.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
This must be British in origin. We don't do cinema... we go to the picture show... well, down south we do. Some go to the movies. The movies... hmmm, can't remember the last one. I don't do a lot of movies or television.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
See #3 but I like really good mysteries and a few sci-fi. And I like (gasp) Medium. Also, CSI, House, Star Gate (all varieties) If they all came on the same channel the same night, I'd watch t.v. once a week.

5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Whatever I can fix in 15 minutes or my husband has already fixed. Grits, biscuits and gravy, sausage buscuit, cereal. I get up at 6:45 and have to be at work at 8.

6. What is your middle name?
I never tell that. My grandmother and I shared our middle names. She was beautiful but I am not really fond of the name.
7. What food do you dislike?
Not many . Southerners are taught to eat what is set before you and not complain. So, I like pretty much all food... except squash.

8. What is your favorite CD at moment?
Don't know the name but it is a Jackson Mass Choir cd of my son's. I love putting it in the car and cranking up the volumn. Church on wheels! He has another I like that I absolutly covet in a godly way; Alvin Slaughter!

9. What kind of car do you drive?
I drive what runs. At the moment it is a white Chevy Lumina that is about to die. I call it the Imminent Corpse.

10. Favorite sandwich?
See #7 I really love a good sandwich and am partial to ham and cheese. No sandwich is complete without French's Mustard. There is NO other mustard.

11. What characteristic do you despise?
Liars, bar none.

12. Favorite item of clothing?
Actually, probably this pair of sweats I am wearing. I get so cold and it hurts when I get cold. So, I wear them virtually all the time when I am home in the winter.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Tahiti, my dream vacation. I keep asking God to bless me with a free trip and accomodations. I presume he is having difficulty with the travel arrangements.

14. Favorite brand of clothing?
Something that fits and makes me feel very sleek and together. I dont' care if it is Wal-mart chic or Saks class... as long as it is on sale.

15. Where would you retire to?
See #13. But that isn't exactly true, although nice to think about. I think I still want the cabin in the mountains or the cottage on the deserted beach. I'm trying to decide. Again, I' ve talked to God about it and I think he's having trouble deciding, too.

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday?
I don't have one... wait, my 6th. Uh, that wasn't recent but it is the only memorable one I have. I had a real party and I got a set of "luggage". Three little cases that nested. They were powder blue and had poodles on the top. I also got a gold bracelet from my father, whom I had not seen in over a year. At least, my grandmother said it was from him. I've since lost the bracelet in a move. I remember lots of children there but I have an impression I was "alone". Must be loads of meaning in that.

17. Favorite sport to watch?
Braves Baseball when they are actually playing Braves Baseball! Didn't watch a single game last year.

18. Farthest place you are sending this?
Have no idea. I don't ask where anyone is from. My family are all in the southern U.S. I will post it on the blog so I suspect world wide.

19. Person you expect to send it back first?
I place on expectations on anyone. I don't presume that if they don't respond they aren't friends

20. When is your birthday?
October 28

21. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Didn't you already ask me this? On, no different question. I am a nightowl. I hate getting up in the a.m.

22. What is your shoe size?
Size 8

23. Pets?
None since Sandy died. Don't want to think about another.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?
I'm breathing?

26. How are you today?
Rotten day . Woke with a migraine that turned into a nightmare. Took two Imitrex before I kicked it. Got so bad I thought I was going to vomt.

27. What is your favorite candy?
Peanut Butter Cups

28. What is your favorite flower?
All of them.

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
Tomorrow - I figure it is always a blessing to see tomorrow.

30. What is your full name?
Now why would I need to give that out? Cynthia is my first name.

31. What are you listening to right NOW?
The clicking of the keyboard. The hum of the computer.

32. What was the last thing you ate?
Potted Meat sandwich. Poor man's pate'. Did you ever read what's in that stuff? Don't or you won't be able to eat it.

33. Do you wish on stars?
No, I just stare for hours at them when I can. I live in the city and stars are rarely seen.

34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Midnight blue

36. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
Becca, the daughter-in-law that God blessed me with. I talk to her about a dozen times a day... she calls me.

37. Favorite soft drink?
Diet 7up or Diet Coke. Homemade lemonade

38. Favorite restaurant?
Anywhere someone else is buying.

39. Hair color?
Brownish-blondish whose blond has turned more and more to gray and left the dirty brown.

40. What was your favorite toy as a child?
books

41. Summer or winter?
Summer on the Gulf in Alabama

42. Hugs or kisses?
Why chose one?

43. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate

44. Coffee or tea?
iced tea or hazelnut coffee

45. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?
If they have time and want to

46. When was the last time you cried?
Seems like all the time but that can't be right

47. What is under your bed?
I think a body. But I don't know if they are coming or going. (dust thou are and to dust thou returnest)

48. What did you do last night?
Slept as much as possible.

49. What are you afraid of?
Not making it to heaven

50. How many years at your current job ?
10

51. Favorite day of the week?
Friday - I get out of Hell for two days!

52. How many towns have you lived in?
We aren' t even going to count those!

53. How many people will you send this too?
No idea

54. How many will respond?
Maybe none.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.