Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Softly Falls

I woke this morning to another gloomy day but to actually less pain. I shuffled to get my coffee, because in the mornings my legs do not work well, particularly my feet. I said once it was like walking barefoot on gravel. Still is.  

As I moved to other rooms I heard the soft patter of rain drops. It was raining. I got my coffee and returned to my room to get ready for work. Most things were not hurting this morning. So, just before rain things hurt. Once rain begins, it eases up. {sigh} No wonder people move to the desert. I took my time dressing until I realized I'd over slept by half an hour. One thing about wearing hair down... you can sleep later. 

I can't remember if I mentioned it yesterday. I was invited by Loraine, one of my Asylum inmates, to go to a gathering last night. Ladies in her church meet, I think monthly, and play Bunco. Not sure of the spelling but that's close enough. Loraine is one of my favorite people and I agreed. I had a nice time, had a really good bowl of taco soup, and won a prize, which was a surprise since I've never played the game before. Dice game where you really want to roll sixes. I enjoyed myself and came home around 8:30. Got a hot shower and snacks, watch Grimm and went to bed. I was so tired.

I actually slept better last night. I'm waking up dehydrated but I'm drinking water when I wake up. I keep some by the bed so I don't have to get up and mess up my sleep.  Still, it takes most of a morning to re-hydrate. I'm going to ask about it when I go back to the doctor on the 20th. 

I'm again trying to get a sleep schedule in place. When I do that I rest better and when I get more sleep I feel better. Seems sleep is the only thing that helps. I stayed at home and raised my children until Dave started school in 1998. Until then I could sleep later and rest if I needed to but I seldom needed it. I had lots of energy and did all kinds of physical things. Jerry used to laugh and say he didn't know where the furniture would be sometimes when he came home. It is why it is so very frustrating to be so tired. Can't do a lot of things I need to do.

I'm going to get back to work now. The rain is still falling softly outside my window and the sky is a uniform grey. I'd love to be curled up with a book and hot cocoa. Later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.