Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dream or Nightmare

This morning I was dreaming I was in the most excruciating pain. My shoulder was as hard as a rock and I was writhing. My son was going to try and rub it to make it stop but when he touched it I screamed. Then, I woke up.

You guessed it. In the worst pain. My shoulder, from neck to rotor cuff is just so painful. It feels as if someone hit me with a hammer. For a little bit my back hurt but that has eased off.

Actually, the week has not been too painful except for a migraine I've had for four days. The meds for that have kept it manageable but not eliminated it. I had that as well but I suspect the shoulder is the culprit. Usually when one hurts the other is aggravated.

I have been very depressed this week. My friend's son died on Monday and it was just so terribly sad. I think my week reflected this. I was depressed a lot. I went to the viewing on Thursday and then the funeral on Friday. The wife was just a wreck as expected. I felt so very sorry for her. She cried and cried. She'd go stand beside the coffin and weep, then, she'd sit in a chair nearby for a few minutes and then get up again and lean over the coffin and weep. It was terrible.

Twenty-nine year-olds should not die in their sleep. I will be glad when they all know what happened. People feel there should have been a sign to tell them something was wrong. The coroner make the comment to his father that it could have been his heart. The father has a very serious heart condition and he is feeling guilty because his son may have inherited the condition and they didn't know. Then, my friend is worried that this could take a fatal toll on her husband. It is just such a terrible burden on top of his death. I think when the results is in, they will find some peace. I truly feel it was the fall he had a few weeks before. I think something was missed in the ER and it slowly killed him.

Well, my bills are calling me so I must go. I hope you all have a good weekend. If I get a chance and my pain levels off I will drop back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.