Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday's Business

I've been cleaning. A little at a time because my neck is still painful. I really thought I'd have to go to the hospital around midnight last night. The pain was just terrible. I finally took a muscle relaxant around 1 a.m. and went to sleep. I slept until 10:45 today.

I must say it is a bit better. Still can't really do any lifting and pulling much but I've been cleaning the house and have to stop to recover a bit. Nothing really heavy but sweeping and moping are decidedly less fun than usual.

I am going to go out to buy groceries and maybe get a bite to eat. I also think I may take half the muscle relaxant early this evening so I can rest better.

I've been working on characters for my NaNoWriMo beginning on the 1st. Remember, 30 days, 50,000 words? I did it last year and the year before. This year, I don't know if I'll win again. I have several hitches. My pain often means I can't think well enough to write. BUt from the 13-15 I will be out of town for a ladies conference in Illinois and then there is thanksgiving.

So, several bumps in the road to the NaNoWriMo finish line. Still, I want to try. I posted my banner here last week with my title and you all said it was nice and you'd want to read it. That was encouraging but actually, no real story to go with it. . . yet, just a couple of nebulous characters trying to take shape.

I'm off for now but if I feel well enough later, I'll stop back in. I am sorry for not getting to everyone's blog lately. I hope to catch up soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.