Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pain in the Neck

It would appear that the treatment has worked very well. Oddly enough, I don't, at the moment, have pain anywhere except in my shoulder. I've slept most of the day and was fine until I got up and started doing some things. So, I've sat back down to dash off this note and then, I think will find something to do that doesn't require using the shoulder and neck.

What he did?

He stuck four needles in the left side of my neck and injected two medicines in it. One a pain medicine and the other a steroid. They gave me a medicine in my iv to relax me too. That helped. My bp went up to 170 over something I didn't catch and that's when they got me the shot. I had taken my bp medicine so obviously I was stressed.

Let me say this is not something you do for recreational purposes. It hurts but the med in the iv helped a lot. But it was quick. I was out by 10 a.m.. Came home and went to bed and slept until 2 p.m. Probably needed the sleep most of all. I just hope I sleep tonight. I am going to take one of my happy pills to see if that will help me. But I bet I am up at the crack of dawn. I am NOT a morning person so it won't be nice.

Not sure yet if I will be able to go to work. The neck is a bit stiff and sore and only the morning will tell. I am going now to take a nap... boy did I get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.