Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lunch Break

Just went by the house on my lunch break with my friend, Carolyn. She loves the gable. The siding is looking really good. They took out the front window. If you go to the albums you will see a window on my breezeway on the wall between the garage and door. This window is now gone. I have a new door about to be put in with a window in it, with built in blinds. So, I'll still have a window on the front but more wall space inside.

There is something about a new door on a house that is so exciting. I can't explain it. I like new doors. I loved putting in the door we had on the back of the house. And the new door on the main entrance, which has no lites or windows of any kind. If I ever replace that door, it will be something fancy now that I'll have that nice gabled entry.



The old back door was known as a cross-buck door = window in the top and a cross panel on the bottom. (photo on the left)


The two new doors are the same except no cross buck design, rather a inset panel design that will better match the front door and of course the above mentioned window panes. (photo on the right).

The tile in the bathroom is nearly done. There were a few problems with some of it. I'm not thrilled with the way I had it done but it is what it is. I'm getting a plumber to install a new faucet on my sink. The old one is shot but the new one is exactly like it. If I ever get the kitchen done, that is one thing less that I'll need.

So, that is the the way things stand at the moment. More as the situation develops.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.