Monday, April 6, 2009

Snow Monday

Just flurries. I came home from lunch and stopped to dash off a post. I don't know if I will get back on tonight. I have got to find a way to do some of the things that need doing around here. It is just cold and gloomy and all I want to do on those days is hibernate but in my present state of mind, that isn't a good idea. I must stay busy or my mind becomes overwhelmed.

We didn't go to church last night. Instead, my aunt and uncle and I decided to just visit and have a quiet evening so they could leave early this morning to drive home. It is a long drive and the weather was not promising. I think they will escape the gloom south of Nashville. It could drop down that way but it looked like it wouldn't move that far south to me.

We did go get Sonic burgers for supper. We at at the drive-in. For those who don't know what Sonic is, it is a drive-in burger joint like those in the old movies. You order and they bring your food to your car. You can take it away or eat right there in the car. We ate there. The rain poured down in torrents and was deafening on the back of the car. It poured off the roof right onto the top of the car over my head. It was a lovely sound with rumbling thunder in the background but conversation became impossible and when we finished we left to go back home. The rain had stopped by the time we pulled into the drive.

I took some photos while we were out. Some clouds in the distance were nice. I'll have to post them later today I think.

Hope you all have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.