Friday, December 26, 2008

Whew! Glad That's Done

You know, I love holidays but I'm so glad when they are over. I really wanted a lovely Christmas day and for the most part it was. My sons argued and I sent one home before lunch! My sister got snotty about where she had to park Christmas Eve! I have a large drive area but you can only get so many cars in it and she said my husband was "double parked"! In his own driveway! So, she threatened to leave. How stupid is that? And then she didn't come to Christmas dinner because she had a headache. Whatever! I didn't point out to her that when I go to her house I have to park in the street. I don't know why she makes this issue about the parking here but she does it all the time and it is so foolish. It's my drive, for heaven's sake!

LOL, maybe I shouldn't tell all that. Makes us sound like savages. Or dysfunctional. Well, we are dysfunctional. I don't have a normal family and I've reached the stage in my life that I just am too annoyed to pretend otherwise. My sons are jerks for the most part. I love 'em dearly but those two are only about themselves. And they do not take after MY family! Daddy would have beat the crap out of us if we'd acted as they do. Believe me when I say they know better too but they're too old to beat. So, I send them home. I just won't tolerate ill manners any longer, nor pigs in the parlor!

But my son's in-laws, Sue and John, were quite nice and I enjoyed them. WE had a good dinner and visit. I really like Sue and she came over at 9 a.m. and helped me get everything ready. I'd done most of my cooking on Christmas Eve. We had ham, chicken dressing, sweet pea salad, green bean casserole (Sue's contribution), REAL banana pudding, cherry cheese cake, lemon pie, chocolate pie, apple pie and pumpkin spice pie (the last two both Sue's contribution.

Sue is a little woman but let me tell you, she can eat! I laughed because I don't see how a woman that tiny can eat like that and stay tiny! I have to get a photo sometime of Sue and post it. I feel like an Amazon next to her.

They left after dinner and I sent them some food that evening. There was plenty go around. When I make dressing I make tons! My family loves it and I freeze some for New Years Day.

My husband gave me a visit to the spa for a massage. My sister gave me an digital photo album for my desk and I think I will like it. My Dad and my step-mom, Mary, sent us money which was very much needed. I can't tell them how much I appreciated that gift. I am using it to get a new microwave. Mine went out about three months ago. We've been using Mike's because it was just sitting in storage. But he moved out and this week I gave it back not thinking I'd need one for the holiday! Dad's & Mary's gift only arrived on Tuesday and I didn't have time to shop for one. Becca brought her's over and we used it but tonight I needed one again. So, tomorrow I'm shopping for my own. Out of Dad's gift, I paid a bill for each of the boys. So, that gave them some help, too. Again, thanks so very much, Dad and Mary. And I will probably find a better deal now than I would have earlier in the week.

So, my the holiday is over and I can have a whole week to do what I want to do. I plan on doing some rearranging in the house and tossing. Things, not people. I have too much junk and am too crowded. I want my space back and no room to allow anyone to move back home. I've decided to redecorate my bedroom the way I did the study a couple of years ago. I think a hunter green with white trim. Not sure yet but my bed is blond wood and I have to find something to go with it. I don't favor browns much on the walls.

I am working on both Mist and Winter! It is hard but I think it is working for me. I've posted new photos of my little angel. Take a look.

Well, got to get going. I will be in and out. Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.