Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Impending Cosmic Event

A new year is on the horizon! Well, what did you think I meant?

Morning to all my visitors, friends, and wannabe friends. I hope as the end approaches you are taking the opportunity to spend time with your families, feast, and frolic. The end is near . . . when you have to go back to work.

For those already working, you have my sympathy. I've been off since Christmas Eve and will return to work next Monday. I'm not looking forward to it. It isn't that I am not thankful for my job, I am. I just hate working in an office 9-5 five days a week. I work with some fun people. I have a variety of duties that demand my time and provide a level of interest that allows me to survive until 5 p.m. But I'd rather be writing, reading, sewing, playing with Sarah, fixing up the house, writing, reading . . . oh, already said that.

This week my plan is to get this house in order but it has already hit several snags. Mike came over and helped me move the table back into the den (the one with no heat and junk headed for other areas, such as the dump if I have my way). But after that other people had places to go guess who was in charge of transporting? Jerry had to be at work at three so after three nothing got done. I had to get ready for church by six. He got off at 8:30 while I was still at church. I got in around 10:30. Uh, well, we have real church... singing, shouting, preaching, shouting, singing and praying. Not that other kinds of church aren't real . . . but I wouldn't know how to act. We are in the middle of Winter Warm-up at church. Great service last night and I expect another tonight.

I've been up since 7:30 and Jerry's still sleeping. I'm going to get dressed and get started but now I don't know where to start! LOL! There's plenty of places but what first?

I want to do some writing this afternoon. I'm working on Mist and have done two and a half chapters this week. Alice will be in clover! I need to get as many done on Winter. I have six months for that to be completely done and I reeeeeally want to do it.

So, I'm off for a bit. When I am home like this I find time to pop in more but the content is abysmally boring. So bear with me.

I have a couple of invitations pending out there. Please do not think I am ignoring you. I'm not. I just declined a couple that have been pending for a couple of months. I have a couple of posts . . . well, actually about four I think, on the process I use to add folks. If you're lazy and don't want to look them up, here they are in a nutshell. Being too lazy to read my posts will probably not get you added, by the way. They are listed as favorites on the home page and so should be easy to find.

  1. I want to see an actual site, with "stuff" on it that will tell me "who" and "what" you are
  2. I want to read several posts, usually several week's of posts
  3. I try and pray over each one I think of adding before I add them
  4. I look for things in common, of interest, or unique to your site that will keep me interested 'cause I will read it and don't want to waste either of our time (if you never post, I will eventually delete you . . . cause you're not home when I stop by! Well.... unless you're related to me. {sigh} Exceptions are not good and so rare.)
  5. I will add NO ONE with inappropriate content and will delete anyone who adds it later.
  6. I am religious, very much so but I do not expect you to share my feelings. But I do expect you to respect them and I welcome respectful disagreement
  7. I am, at times, funny, interesting, boring, sad, angry, frustrated, annoyed, irritated, and just spitting mad. I'll be saying so. This blog is all about ME. If that's going to be hard to live with, you may want to reconsider your invitations.
  8. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR BOYFRIENDS - I've had a husband 35 years. I'm over it. Although, here on multiply, I've had fewer marriage proposals . . . gee, I'm wounded.
So, there you have the gist of it. There is probably more.

I suggest you visit my current contacts to see what I like. I have some people I added for interest, some for entertainment, some for comfort, and all because I like them. Can you believe, I've actually added people at THEIR request and they later deleted me without explanation! How rude is that? They were "friends of friends" and I no longer accept these based on that relationship until I check them out for a bit.So, before you add me or invite me, be sure you want to be seen here. I certainly don't want to embarrass you or be embarrassed by you!

Now, daylight's burning and I have tons of work to do yet! Have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.