Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Chore

I will be off line after this for most of the day. I am doing the final back up of some files and the replacing the hard drive. It is taking so long because they want me to send this drive back. It occurred to me on Thursday night that I might want to be sure and have all personal stuff wiped from this drive. It is still bootable and it has all my photos and writing and bank information and even passwords. So, I spent Thursday night trying to clear things off.

For those who don't know, just deleting doesn't get rid of anything. It's still out there for someone to find. To totally delete everything, you'd have to reformat with specific command to completely erase the drive or you have to use a program specifically designed for this purpose. Fortunately, Spy Bot Search and Destroy has a feature called Secure Shredder. I used it and it even has a drop down that will allow you to clear out your temp files and cache and cookies. No, that little feature in tools doesn't do it completely either. Lots of stuff is stored on you system after you think it is gone. So, that's what I've been doing and so I'm behind schedule a bit.

Woke up again today to intense pain from my neck to the soles of my feet. I can't really tell you what it is like but here are a couple of analogies. I feel as a board is bolted to my back and that 500 lbs gorrilla is sitting on it or the refrigerator. I can barely move when I first get up and my legs don't want to work. I took a 800 mg muscle relaxant and a Doxepin (an antidepressant used to treat pain) and slept like a rock. I've been up about 20 minutes and the pressure is not as great but there is stiffness in my neck and shoulders and I can't turn my head very well. My lower back is stiff and hurts and my legs just feel as if the muscles are torn, particularly that right one.My feet are very unhappy with my weight, too. When I walk, I totter just like a very old woman. As for my hands, stiff and achy.

I have no idea what is causing this.

Yes, I'm taking all kinds of meds for it.

No, they don't work very well.

I have no idea how one can tolerate this kind of pain. I have days when I feel that the limit my not far off.

I so want to have a day with no pain and I can enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.