Monday, March 17, 2008

An Irish Blessings

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Hope you have a grand St. Patrick's Day.

Well, the Irish do have a great way with words. I believe it is called the Gift of the Gab. I've been told I have that gift, too. I found lots of blessings and prayers. I love this one,
If God sends you down a stony path,may he give you strong shoes.

I could celebrate St. Patrick's Day but since I don't drink beer of any color, it may be difficult. I didn't wear green today and I am too sore to dance a jig! Since I am of Scot-Irish-German descent with little bit of Cherokee I imagine there are several holidays I could celebrate but I have no idea what they are. I'll have to google and find out.

Today is my maternal grandparents anniversary, or would be if they were still alive. I've always had a fondness for the day for that reason.

How will you celebrate today?



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.