Monday, March 3, 2008

A Good Monday Morning?

Is there such a thing? I truly didn't want to get up this morning and come to work. It is a rainy day and the weather has turned ugly - rainy and cold compared to yesterday's sunny 70 degrees. On rainy days, I want to be curled up in a cozy corner with a book.

I've been away from here for a bit, except for changing the look of things when I get bored. I want to respond to a couple of comments on the post prior to this last one, the one regarding Sunday morning. A several people made comments and I found them interesting, although not very surprising. I am thinking about my response carefully because I want to take each viewpoint into consideration.

I haven't been writing much either. February was a short month where it was too cold and dreary to get anything done and I was sick for about two of the four weeks anyway. However, spring is in the air and the days will steadily get warmer and sunnier. I hope the allergies don't present a problem but we shall see. I am going to put out weed killer BEFORE they take hold and see what happens.

Does anyone but me find time a problem? I can remember getting numerous things done and having plenty of time left over. Now, there seems to be no time to complete anything and I am always left with something hanging unfinished, never to be completed. I hate that.

I won't get much done today or tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment today and a dentist appointment tomorrow. A check-up and a cleaning. Still, boring. Loads of work to do before lunch. They won't let us take our lunch out for doctor's appointments. I've decided that I will start trying to set all my appoinments on the same day so I won't have to miss an hour here and an hour there. Stupid if I only need an hour and could use a lunch hour and save the sick time for those days I am actually sick!

You know, I just noticed that several people have left my contact list but they didn't even say so long. How rude! As far as I know, I didn't do anything to them but to just leave without a good by. Anyone ever tell you that it was good manners to speak to your host if you are leaving the party? I added people who requested to be added. I didn't go seeking them. Oh well, Mama always said you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Now I shall get back to work. I'll try and catch you all later!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's a February problem? I couldn't seem to get anything done last month either. I'm hoping March will be better for that. Sorry people have gone missing on you...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.