Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Several bits and pieces here. I've posted the next chapter in the Hidden in the Mist saga. For those reading it. I don't think anyone but Alice is but that's ok.

Also, Cajun Girl posted today that Patrick Swayze is dying with pancreatic cancer, a very painful way to die. I find this terrible. In all the inteviews I've seen him in, he always is so well mannered and seems like such a very nice guy. I've never heard of any scandal or bad behavior either. How very sad that someone who seems to have kept his career on track and his life in order should have his life cut short.

I am still wanting to go to the Women's conference that Skeeter has mentioned on her blog. I was checking it out again today, and I want to go. If you are interested in such things, check her blog for the link. There are three in three different states so you may have one near you.

Any of you ladies who plan to go to the Illinois conference, please email me. It is November 13-15 and I will probably take off that Thursday early and drive over. My plan is to find a room at the Hampton Inn (free breakfast and clean rooms) in Marion. That is 16 miles from Benton, where the conference is held. I'm less than two hours away. I'd love for us to meet face-to-face and get to know each other better. I am taking my daughter-in-law because she never gets to go to thise kind of things now and she likes them.

I am taking off the Monday after Easter Sunday. I HAVE to have a four day weekend alone. I thought it would be a day alone but I found today that my husband is also taking off and so, it will be just another day at home. It will at least have a four day weekend.

Not sure what everyone else is doing. Not many post lately from the masses. But then, I've been busy, too. I hope you all have a lovely weekend. We are, again, supposed to have snow. When will it end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.