Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday Snow

I just got in from church. We had our Christmas play. It was quite amusing. A man in our church always writes the play. This year he based it on A Wonderful Life. It was very good and hysterically funny in places. People were laughing all over so it was a good time.

It is snowing. Tiny, wet flakes that aren't sticking to the ground are swirling around an covering things. It has been cold enough here to make it stick. The ground has not frozen this season so until that happens, I don't look for any snow to stick. Fine by me.

I bought myself a pretty today. A new quilt and shams for my bed.


Once it was on the bed, I was so excited and I realized that my rug that I had bought went perfectly with the spread! Don't mind the blue blanket hanging down. I'm going to get a cream colored one so it blends better. I will buy a bed skirt in the summer perhaps, when the blankets come off.


Later, I went shopping at Bed, Bath & Beyond looking for a bed table. You know, the kind that you can have breakfast in beds with. I found curtains I think would be perfect in with it. The picture of the online isn't as pretty as the curtains because you can't see the detail. They are room darkening and lined with a fleece for warmth. They are burgundy silk with gold flowers embroidered. They have a pair the color of the rug and quilt but I think too much of that light color will make the room a bit dull. I love rich tones like those in the prints. '


Now I just have to paint it all. I'm quite excited about it. Of course the curtains will cost me the earth. If I buy them I'll spend over $150 for two windows! That's obscene. But I could see it in my head! Now for a wall color. I'm thinking the dark gold in the curtain embroidery and the background of the rug.





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.