Saturday, November 7, 2009

And She's Off!

The day started at 7 a.m. ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH! But it started in very little pain. Happy Dance!

I am in the process now of getting my hair up and getting dressed. I will then sit and work on word count if time permits. I have to be at the Purse auction around 10:30 to take the desserts in. This will probably last through 1 or 2 o'clock. I will come back home and I HAVE to work on NaNo project.

The story is bogged down. Here it is so far.

Holly is awakened at 4 a.m. by two burly deputies. They got a call that a woman was being assaulted at that address. She says they are misinformed but after much insistence, tells them they are welcome to look around the property. She lives alone and didn't want them coming in so she agreed to check the house. (A lovely two story bungalow). She determine nothing has been broken into but is interrupted in her search by knocks on the back door. She finds the deputies there and they want her to come outside. She does as they ask and finds a woman lying on her back porch/deck By the amount of blood seeping between the planks, she assumes said woman is dead.

That is what I got the first day of Nano. I am seven days in and am supposed to be over 10,000 today.

She didn't think she knew the woman but finds out a few days later that it is the young woman who does her cleaning. When she was found she was dressed in a flowing nightgown and her hair was long and silky. this girl usually favored Goth and stringy locks. But she cleaned house really well.


That is where I am.

So, today I need IDEAS to flow from whatever source I can tap into.

I need to come up with some reasons for a lot of things. Why Holly's back porch? What was the girl doing there at 4 a.m. ?(Oh she died sometime between midnight and four) What's with the unusual garb... well, unusual for her?

See, can't figure where it is going. I hope, as in the past, it will come to me but I can't bank on it.

Ok, I'm gone to the mirror to work on locks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.