Thursday, May 28, 2015

Coaster Cozies

Last week I posted a video about the Coaster Cozies I'd made for some coaster that had become rather worn. These are simply coasters you get from Walmart with a thin piece of cork on one side and a picture on the other. You can see them in the holder behind the glass. I have seen so many crocheted coasters and kept telling myself that I should just make some and throw away those tatty ones. 

So I started to do just that. I was using my hard coasters as a size guide and when I got to the edge, I had an idea. Instead of stopping with a flat coaster, I continued to crochet but I began to decrease, causing the edge to roll under and form a kind of hat. On the yellow and blue I added chain edge to give it a ruffled look. I did the decrease from the back loop and the chain ruffle from the front loop. Once completed, I slipped it on the coaster and immediately decided to do all six of my coasters. 

I liked the ruffle on the colors but not on the brown. Silly, I know, but the brown seemed a bit un-frilly looking to me. 

I'm not sorry. I am going to do several in the dark blue for the living room because my curtains are dark blue. The yellow will probably go in the den where I read and work. And the brown variegated will be on night tables. Sarah and I both take a glass of water to our room at night.

Now, I'm going look for some tiles. I think I just stumbled on some nice Christmas presents. 


3 comments:

  1. I could put yellow in the living room too since my walls are yellow. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch the video - time constraints - but they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I LOVE them! Very pretty. An excellent idea for gifts.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.