Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Cheer......

Merry Christmas!

Yes, it is Christmas Day and I am here at the blogspot. We are not all up yet, even though it is after 10 a.m. Jerry was sick again last night from taking some of his painkillers. There is one pill that makes him sick when he takes it but thankfully, he has run out of that one.

Today he did not want to go to church and I am disappointed. I have not been to church on Christmas Day that I ever recall and I was looking forward to it. I guess I could have gone alone but then there would be no one to watch that dratted dog and wait on the patient.

It just is not going to be Christmas for me this year. I have tried the music, the decorations, and the thoughts. Nothing has worked. I do not feel any of the usual excitement. Maybe I am tired. Maybe I am worn out. Maybe I have become Scrooge. I have no idea.

Could be that I just had too much to really prepare for it. With Jerry’s surgery on the 1st and then playing nurse after working all day there really wasn’t time to do anything else. I didn’t even have time to shop much.

I did go and buy myself a Christmas present, two pair of beautiful shoes. One pair is a t-strap and the other is similar but doesn’t have the t-strap. I was going to wear the T-strap pair this morning. They are so pretty and feminine. I have been looking for ages for a pair but could never find any. I had some when Mike was small and I loved them so much I wore them out. They were camel colored. These new are burgundy. I don’t have a lot to wear with burgundy but I will! Oh, I love pretty shoes. These have a slender 2-in. heel and will make my not-so-bad ankles look slimmer. Actually, my Christmas presents were the shoes I bought, gift certificates from my Aunt for the Cracker Barrel for the whole family, and my sister bought me a 1-hour massage at a local spa. I can’t wait for that!

I am not obsessed with fashion. I don’t follow trends. I think I can look good by following my instincts. Mama taught me how to dress when I was young and I am one of those people who look best in suits or clean lines. Don’t wear a lot of frills because I began to look bulky but I like delicate folds and lace and ruffles in understated amounts. When I was a size 12 I could wear all those ruffles and bows that were such a fashion in the mid-70’s. What size am I now? Nunya…. Well, let’s say my sand is still where it should be but in a bit more mature amounts. Still, once in a while a head will turn and I get smiles. <sigh> Not as much as I did 20 years ago….

I have one more day of reprieve and then three days back at the job before the next four-day weekend. I can hardly wait! For now, I am going to sit back and enjoy my coffee and try and do some real writing. I have worked on web pages this week and this blog. I am supposed to work on the “novel” sometimes. I need discipline and a less intrusive life.







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.