Friday, December 16, 2005

Office Break....!

Oh for a day of my own! I wish that I didn't have to work so hard. Eight hours at a desk, after that home to pickup, cleanup, and try and find time around 10 or 11 for me!

I need a real vacation! Tahiti sounds wonderful to me, exotic, warm, and sunny. Someday, when I am too old to appreciate it I may be able to go there.

Jerry got the staples removed from his back on Wednesday. He is getting around a bit better but I think he is moving too fast. He wants to do all sorts of things that he should not do such as not getting up the way he is supposed to and moving in an awkward way.

I have slacked off my writing too much in pursuit of an interest that is really not my thing anyway. I need to make a bigger effort. I have looked at finding a net-based writing group but so far they all look rather lame. Not sure I want to do that.

I miss my friend Cecile because we could talk about writing all day and encourage each other. She was a great one to push me. I got very productive when she was doing that. She moved to New York and now I don't hear from her much.

Money is tight because Jerry still is not working. And Christmas will be pretty slim if it exist at all. I am at the point that I am not sure I want to put the tree up or not. Mike and Gina won't be home; they will be at her folks this year. They were here Thanksgiving. They got their presents when they were here. My limit is $50 each. Next year they are supposed to spend Christmas with us.

Dave and Becca are, of course, living with us again because of their own money problems. I have given Dave & Becca part of their Christmas money to pay a debt they must take care of now. They will get the rest at Christmas. And that is it.

The car is bad, very bad. Water is puddled on the floor on the driver's side. It freezes when the temp drops. Frost on the inside results at night and I scrape inside and out so I can see. The seat is broken on one side so I am sitting sidways a bit when I drive and it makes my back hurt. The suspension appears to be a bit ... uh... well it just isn't very good. Tires need replacing. Something is wrong with the transmission. I have been driving along and it just stops, not goes dead, just stops. I have to shift into another gear and then back to drive. THAT is very nerve racking. I am terrified that I will be on the expressway doing 55 and this will happen. So..... I take back streets home and to work most of the time. I avoid the expressway, which isn't an expressway anyway.

I get nervous when we go to church. We have to cross the Ohio River and I am already terrified of crossing birdges. The thought of something stopping me there is something I can't even think about. But I do. We drive about 30 minutes to church, twice on Sunday and if we get a chance we go other nights too.

I never hear from anyone but my Aunt in Atlanta. I get email from my Dad and step mom, and my dad's sister. I get lots of email from friends and aquaintences but no contact from four brothers and a sister in Florida and Alabama. I did try and reply when the sister wrote but it was all about her "poor, mistreated, and misunderstood" self, so I just gave up. Too depressing dwelling on the past, most of which didn't exist anyway. I no longer make attempts to be social, stamps are too expensive and I do not have long distance anymore. My phone card is used for emergencies and to call my mother once in awhile.

My sister, Phyllis, lives nearby and we take a day once in awhile to do girl stuff, like hit the book stores. I love Barnes & Noble. I would love to have my own bookstore but have no idea where to start. I am trying to get enough hobbies to break a record. So far I am up to writing, reading, crochet, playing my keyboard, sewing, remodeling, web design and finally blogging. Let's see, what else could be called a hobby? Eating? Maybe, sometimes. Sleeping? Nah, I don't get enough of that to call it a habit, let alone a hobby.

Anyway, I felt compelled to stop and take a break and dash off some astounding post for this blog. So far boring....... I must get back to the grindstone, the nose feels better now.

Dixie Girl