Thursday, June 6, 2013

Third Time....

I wish I could remember what I wrote in my failed attempts but I can't. For three days I've tried to post something only to have Blogger eat it as soon as I hit publish. I'm very annoyed because in all the years I've been on here, I've had that happen maybe three times.... total. And now it has happened three times in as many days. Words I can't ever retrieve.

I've had a relatively calm week but it might be attributed to my vacation. I really enjoyed my trip to Florida but decided that my next trip is going to have a couple of beach days in it. I don't know how but it will. I am really in need of more sand and sun.

The photo above is that of a "nursing" pillow my sister, Roselynn gave me while I was in Florida. It is designed for new mothers to put in their lap and use as support to cradle the baby while they feed it. What an invention! I had the idea 35 years ago but used plain old bed pillows.

 Anyway, I'm glad she gave it to me. It has been a Godsend. I have a problem with my neck that causes terrible pain in my shoulder, neck, back, and can lead to a dreadful migraine that can last for days. I have a very hard time sleeping because I wake up in terrible pain if my head gets in certain positions. If the pillow is too thick, I am in agony. If it is too hard, I am in agony. I have trouble shifting from my back to my side because I have to wake up and adjust pillows and hope I can find a comfortable position that will keep my neck aligned and not allow it to shift into an awkward position. And then fall back to sleep only to wake up feeling as if I have a broken neck.

I forgot my own pillows when I went down South. She had this and said try it. So I did. And you know what? It worked. This pillow is soft. I can put it around my neck, lie down and my head is stable. It doesn't roll into a cramped position when I'm asleep. If I turn over, the curved arms are in the perfect position and the pillow the right thickness to keep my spine aligned. No, this isn't what the pillow was designed for but it is about as perfect as I could hope. I've had better sleep for a couple of weeks now. I still have pain when I get up but it is a lot better.

I'm feeling a bit distressed about some things but I can't do anything about it so I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm restless and I can't pinpoint why. I don't like this feeling. It is too much like a premonition and I hate when that happens. Really hate it. It is a bit like watching a car accident. You see it coming, know it will happen and you can't do a thing to stop it or change it. Very annoying. 

I'm still working on Sarah's sweater. It is on again, off again. When I get tired of one thing I do something else. You know, if you think about it, our lives are rather dull in general. Unless we're doing something radical, we're all pretty ordinary. I mean, what are you doing? Sitting reading this blog. I'm writing it. When you're done, you'll move to Facebook or G+ or play a game or watch something on television. You might go out and do something outside or cook, clean, crochet, sew or knit. But ultimately, we all generally do the same things, day in and day out. 

I'm going now. My blogs of late are rather boring. At least they're not filled with rants and moans and groans! About time.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia! So glad your sister had the perfect pillow for you! A great idea. Good to hear from you! Never bored by your blogs, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great about the pillow, I hope your pain subsides soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! Your blogs are never boring--to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to read your blog this morning! Hope you have a pain free day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that the pillow did the trick. Plus it is one less thing I have to worry about. I really am trying to de-junk my house.

    We enjoyed your visit and hope that you can return at the end of the summer. I agree we need more beach time. The only time that I go is when all of you come and I am a mere thirty minutes away. Russell has been wanting to go so perhaps I will surprise him and take him Monday evening for a late Father's Day trip.

    The Dixie Echoes are preforming at church tomorrow night or I would skip and I would take him then. I like them and I need to be in church so I will more than likely just take him Monday afternoon.

    I am spending today finishing laundry and I have to go buy Russell something for Father's Day, but have no clue as to what to get him. I will probably just buy him a new wallet as he needs ones. I am surprised at how practical I am becoming as I age.

    I hope that you have a nice weekend. I love you and miss you. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.