Monday, October 22, 2012

Rolling Down Hill

I am in the process of doing just that.. at least it feels like it. Remember that I am the municipal liaison for my region of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and have a kick off planned for Friday evening. I did this last year and had 19 people. It was nice and I enjoyed it. Well, I had everything lined up with a local business and wasn't expecting more than 20 people. Last night I went over 23 RSVPs. The local business backed out. I was up until midnight rushing around getting notices out to everyone of the relocation.

Now, first off, I felt like I should find another venue from the beginning but I figured it wouldn't be a problem. Really didn't think anyone would be showing up. Today, I have more RSVPs and I'm looking at around 30. 

If you go back to my last year's post about this time, you will find that on my way to the kickoff then, I was concerned suddenly that everyone registered could show up. That happened to be over 100 people. The thought horrified me. It does this year, too.

 I have four days to go and the number is climbing. I have 25 gift bags. Not 30. So between now and Friday night I need another 25 made. I think I can do it but it is going to be close. I have to go buy ink! Yikes. Most of the stuff I can print off but it takes time and I don't have a lot of that. None of it is complicated or expensive except as the cost of the items. It is the time involved in creating them, cutting them out, and bagging it. 

Idea... I need Friday off. Yeah! That'd do it. We'll see. The positive is that if I pull this off, it will be a lot of fun. And the TGIO WILL be somewhere I can get a room. Hopefully the library.

At any rate, I suddenly feel like I'm rolling down hill. Someone needs to reach out and grab me. 

4 comments:

  1. Stop!! I'm Grabbing You!!
    Worst case scenario is that you don't have enough stuff for everyone... trust me when I tell you that 99% of the people won't care, or will at least understand.. so the only thing you have to do is figure out who the 1% is.. and make sure they get gift bags... and certainly you won't have that #(whatever 25 is 1% of!!).
    So -- take a deep breath, see if you can get Friday off.. and ENJOY!!! Wish I could be there (and I wouldn't even care if I didn't get a gift bag ) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Friday off sounds like a good idea. Sorry that you had to change venues but I am sure it will all work out for the best and how lovely that so many people want to attend. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that you need Friday off. Wish I could be there to help you! Deep breath! It will get done, and you will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rolling downhill is much easier than slogging uphill. Just do what you can, and don't worry about the rest. I sure wish you were our ML (we don't have one). I wouldn't care as much about the goody bags as I would about the fact that someone cares about me having a successful NaNoWriMo! Keep that in mind. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.