Friday, September 4, 2009

Writing Again....

I've been pretty busy during the day this week and pretty tired at night. I've come home, watch a couple of shows, and gone to bed.

But. . . my new toy arrived Wednesday and I am so excited. I got a new laptop! Yes, yes, yes! I did it! I have been playing with it to see what I could do with it. So far, I think I like. I have a web-cam built into it so I will be able to chat on Windows Live messenger with my family and do some video blogging too. I can take it outside and enjoy the outdoors if there is any more lovely days when I'm off! Keeps raining or is too hot. I will have it on my trip, too.

Today, for the first time, I took it to McDonald's on my lunch hour and spent the time writing! I was just so tickled to be able to do that. They don't have Wi-fi there so the internet was not a lure. I didn't go with anyone to lunch so no distractions. It worked great! And I'm ready for November write-ins if we have any here.

And we might! Recently, I was contacted by a woman who moved into the area who was a participant in NaNoWriMo in another state and wanted to meet those in this area. Well, now there are six of us emailing and trying to arrange to start a writers group. We're looking possibly meeting in late September or October. I'm really looking forward to that.

I've finally realized that I have got to find new friends and let go of the old. Well, not you folks . . . you know what I mean. But honestly, I don't guess there are any to let go of. You can't let go of what you never had to begin with. So, I'm looking for ways to meet other people with similar interests to my own. Just like I did on Multiply.

I got to thinking that since life as I knew it is dead and buried with most of my heart, there is no one to notice if I move on to other interests and friends. No, I'm not over it. I just can't stay here and survive. I can't stay in this house, in the dark and stay sane.

I am beginning to feel the effects of no SJW for three days. No terribly so but a bit. We'll see if the hair lost lessens. Just keep me in your prayers. I have no desire to start falling apart again. If that happens, I'll have to take it, hair or no hair.

I'm pretty tired now. Mike and I had a movie night and pizza. It was nice. We watched the move Thr3e. It was really great. I read the book last year and was so glad when he said they had the movie at the library. He watched it and loved it, too. About halfway through he said, "You know, Mom, there has not been one ugly word said in this movie." I told him I knew that but the writer was a Christian author and that movies don't have to have sex or dirty words to be good." That's true. They just have to tell a good story. And this is a really good story.

If you have not read the book, I'd encourage you to read it or rent the movie. It is a novel by a Christian but not a exactly a religious novel. It is a mystery about a seminary student that someone is trying to kill. It has a killer ending that will just blow you away. This is how they should be making suspense movies.

Afterward, I took him home and we had ice cream. It was a nice evening and I'm ready for bed. I will see you all back here sometime tomorrow. We are celebrating Sarah's birthday tomorrow night with the family. Her dad had to work on her birthday and so we are all having cake and ice cream here. And presents, of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.