Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 11, 1974

Today is my anniversary. Forty-one years ago I married the sweetest man I've ever know. We were together 35 years and although all of those were not good years, the good out number the bad. I've struggled all day to remind myself of that. Even at his sickest, I was his main concern.

January 29, 2009 the King was called Home and left his Queen. There was no order of succession in this kingdom. I'm not a Queen any more. But I still love the King.
Reception at home, January 11, 1974


Return from Honeymoon, January 13, 1974

Daddy, Me, & Jerry, January 11, 1974

Wedding Party, January 11,  1974

3 comments:

  1. A lovely wedding. The pews remind me so much of our church. And the wedding reminds me of several verses. The one I like best: Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; (Ephesians 5:25 KJV) That's good in the reverse, too: Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. (Ephesians 5:24 KJV) It's the formula for a marriage to last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to get through the next month's time. One day at a time, they say. I say, just get through the next 5 minutes are you are good. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately some men don't heed to those scripture's let alone take them seriously. But my dad was one of the few that did. I can honestly say he loved mom and he never laid a violent hand on her. He showed me how to treat a woman

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.