Sunday, November 27, 2005

Time for a Break!

Thanksgiving is OVER! This has been the busiest week I can remember at home.

Tuesday night my son, Mike, came in from Arkansas with his wife, Gina. We were so glad to see them. I took Wednesday off but did not cook as planned. I don't remember exactly what I did that day. The rest of the week sort of followed suit.

Thursday my son, David, came over and my sister, Phyllis. Phyllis, Gina and I cooked dinner. Becca, David's wife had to work until 8 p.m. and so we decided to have our dinner ready about that time so she could join us. We did but were nearly famished by then. She came but had eaten at work! Ah, the joys of family. Won't do that again.

Then Friday Gina and I went shopping. I hate shopping on a good day. The day after Thanksgiving is NOT a good day. We went to Cato's where I gave Gina a gift certificate for her Christmas present and we went to a couple of other stores. They will be at her folks on Christmas and so get their presents now. I got Mike a webcam and myself one. He told me he wants to see my beaufitul face when we chat. So he got a webcam. Aren't sons wonderful?

Friday night we were going to watch movies and I wound up watching The Ring 2 by myself. Liked it. Not as scary as the first and not as much fun alone. Dave was supposed to watch it with me but Becca called him home. She didn't want to watch movies. He came back Saturday and watched it by himself.Gina and Mike don't care for scary movies. Jerry went to bed about halfway through. I am glad I like my own company.

Saturday we did some more shopping. We came back and Gina & I watched National Treasure. I liked it and then we played some Uno Attack. Gina bought me that for Christmas. Don't know what will happen when she goes home. No one to play games with unless I can get the other two over and Jerry will play.

Mike & Gina brought their cat, named CindyLu. Gina added the Lu because I don't think she is comfortable calling the cat by her mother-in-law's name. I don't really mind. It makes Mike happy. But every time he called the cat I kept answering!

We have Dave & Becca's dog because they don't know how to house break one. Raven, black lab pup. She met the cat and they got along famously. Had to call the dog off a few times because she thought the cat was a chew toy.

And so Sunday is here. Morning church, afternoon relax, night church. Have to go wash my tresses, take a nap and then be ready to leave by 6 p.m. I will get home around 11:00 p.m.

Thank goodness I get to go back to work tomorrow!

Thursday.... back surgery for Jerry. It begins again.

Dixie Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.